Photobucket
●๋•∂нαηαѕняєє●๋•
Hi friends, I know its been late but still its never too late and so i would like to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Hope you guys enjoy a lot and munch on plenty of cookies, chocolates and cakes this Christmas.

I had plans to bake to some cookies and cakes specially for this Christmas and wanted to share them and its recipes with you but unfortunately it didn't happen and i could make it out. Off late, i have been blogging less and am not able to make it up on my blog. I really make few good recipes and wanted to share them with you , even got them clicked and those pics and stored up in numbers counting above 100 in my PC but i haven't been able to manage to upload them and blog those recipes. My bad!!!

But I am definitely making myself sure that i get some time for blogging them. Blogging is something i really love now. I still can't believe that my baby (my blog) is going to be a year old in next 21 days. And i had more than 24 Lakhs visitors on my blog since the day i started blogging. It really makes me happy. I still cant believe that its going to be a year. Time really runs so fast.

When I started blogging, i wasn't that much interested though i was quite excited about blogging.
I read and heard many people blogging, so i too wanted to be one among them. I am really gadget crazy and net savvy girl and cant think about living with gadgets and internet. So i joined blogging. Then i learned that blogging needs a good subject to post. I merely didn't want any personal blog or something which would steal my privacy. I am very private person. So, i took some days to decide on a subject. It was then that i decided to get with food blog.

Though i had been very Academic , it was art which always interested me. I was always passionate about cooking, drawing, painting, rangolis, stiching, designing and creating something new. And the other thing besides this art which really interests me is history. I love history and keep surfing to learn things about history whenever i get time.

I am good at cooking, well i am not crediting myself but its what i have heard people saying about me. Yeah, i love cooking and simply love experimenting in kitchen. Usually girls learn cooking from their mothers. In my case, i never learned cooking from my Maa (I call her maa since i was a kid). When i was in my high school, my maa had a heart attack. She was asked to have a complete bed rest. I was in my 5th std then and never knew how to cook. It is a really astonishing for me at times when i think about it, i still can't make out the exact taste of salt in any dish but i eventually excelled myself in this art called cooking. When Maa was asked to bed rest, she had this tension about who would cook food for us. She wanted to get up and cook for up but was unable to do it. I read her worries looking at her face, and it was the day i grew up from a little playing girl to a understanding and supporting daughter for my family.

I went in to the kitchen and started with cooking. I had no idea nor any knowledge about cooking, whatever i knew was those little things i had seen my maa doing in the kitchen whenever she used to cook. So I prayed God( I believe a lot in almighty) and started with my cooking. And the first thing i cooked by myself was plain boiled rice and rasam. I must be strange to know how a girl who had no knowledge about cooking , cooked rasam at her first take. Well whenever i used to come back from school, I used to rush to maa and sit on the kitchen platform and would go on talking about my daily activities and all sorts of things. I was really very talkative those days. I still remember Maa smiling by herself whenever she used to hear me going blah blah and blah. At times, she used to ask me "Are you not tired of talking so much?". While I used to go on with my talks, she used to be engrossed in her cooking. I had a good memory and whatever i saw used to get stored in my brains . I have seen her doing cooking though i never saw them fully but only glimpses, it used to be stored in my mind. And it was those things which helped me make rasam.

That's how I cooked Rasam. I took this rasam and went to Maa and asked her to have her meal. Maa was completely taken aback. She kepting asking me how did you make this. But she was at the same time proud of me and kept kissing me with teary eyes. That rasam wasn't that good but she still loved it and appreciated me a lot. And on the other hand, my brother (the closest person to me) couldn't believe that his kid sister cooked the meal for everyone. He even inspected the kitchen to see if I had turned off the stove properly. We used to have a higher kitchen platform those days so my bro questioned me about how i managed to cook since i wasn't that good in my height to cook on a high platform. I showed him that i used a small stool to match with the height of platform and he gave a hug. He felt proud to see me being so responsible and ate what i cooked without any complaints. He is a perfectionist when it comes to food. He is big foodie and wants everything perfect when it comes to food. The first time, when i cooked (i really didn't cook that well), he didn't frown and appreciated saying that I was good. He is my biggest critic when it comes to cooking, I had improved my cooking skills and till improving all due to his views and critics.

Since that day, there has no looking back, and i started learning and cooking all by myself. I read papers, books, surfed internet , watched cook shows and it all helped me cook better. Years passed by and I became more and more interested in cooking as a art and loved experimenting.
Today i can cook good though not excellent. Today, I have enough knowledge in cooking be it Indian styles like South Indian, North Indian, Bengali, Maharashtrian, Konkani, Goan, Oriya, Punjab, Gujrati, Rajasthani, Kashmiri , Moghlai etc and also in international Cooking styles and cuisines like Italian, Lebanese, Chinese, Arabian, American, Mexican etc. I have eagerly learnt baking cakes, cookies to making ice creams and salad dressing. And I wish to learn more and more and excel myself in this Art as much as I can. Also I hope to share my cooking with everyone through blogging and would love to get the feedbacks. I know I had really disappointed few people pastly through blogging and I apologise for the same. This blogging has not only helped me get better as a cook but also helped me get better in writing skills. I would love to keep blogging and I need support and love from everyone who reads my Blog.



sign
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
FSIS Post Divider Pictures, Images and Photos